Fremont Community Acupuncture is a member of POCA - People's Organization of Community Acupuncture.
Community acupuncture is healthcare by, of, and for the people. YOU can join the movement to bring affordable, safe, and effective healthcare to everyone by becoming a member of the People's Organization of Community Acupuncture. Annual dues are on a sliding scale from $25-100/year.
Benefits for patient and community members include:
- Free birthday treatment each year.
- Three “free first treatment" certificates for your friends and family – good at any POCA clinic.
- Sticking Together– the POCA e-newsletter.
- Waiving new patient fees at POCA member clinics.
- Access to online discussion forums to connect with punks and other patients .
- Volunteer opportunities in local clinics and in our movement.
- Voting in annual board elections and running for positions in our cooperative.
Joining POCA puts your membership fees to work immediately as they:
- Develop a micro-loan program to open and support more clinics.
- Create affordable educational alternatives to train community acupuncturists (aka punks).
- Support punks in successfully opening, managing, and improving their clinics.
- Promote legislative change to encourage and support community acupuncture.
- Provide a working model for sustainable, ethical, affordable community healthcare practices.
- Increase access to affordable acupuncture for all.
418 N. 35th Street, Seattle, WA 98103