Welcome to Fremont Community Acupuncture!
We will give you a detailed orientation during your first visit, but here are some of the basics.
Parking: Leave some extra time if you need to park a car. We have free street parking for 2 hours, a nearby pay lot, and if you buy something, you can park at the PCC garage on Evanston for 90 minutes. There are also several bus lines that run near our location.
Running late or need to cancel. If you are going to be late, we ask that if at all possible you call us with your ETA, so that we can be ready to adjust our schedule. We're usually able adjust the schedule and still get you in, but it is possible that we will need to reschedule your appointment. We charge a cancellation fee of $15 for missed appointments and for those cancelled with less than 24 hours' notice.
Missed appointments and last minute cancellations disrupt both the clinic and other patients. The acupuncturist doesn't get paid for that time, other patients in need are unable to schedule, and on busy days, we may even have turned people away who were in need of treatment because we expected you to be there. Thank you in advance for helping us keep things running smoothly and productively!
Complete paperwork in advance. If you make your first appointment online, you can fill out most of the required paperwork as part of the online sign-up process. If you make your first appointment in person or over the phone, we can send you a link to the paperwork via email, or have you fill it out when you arrive. It can get pretty hectic at the front desk on a busy day, so we appreciate your help in keeping the process streamlined.
Arrive early. Your first visit will include a detailed orientation, so we ask that you arrive before your scheduled appointment time. You should budget 90 minutes total for the first appointment and about 40-60 minutes for follow-up visits depending on your preference and schedule.
Wear or bring loose clothing. You’ll need to wear clothing that allows access to your arms and legs below the elbow and knee. Some patients like to bring a t-shirt or a pair of shorts to change into, while others prefer to just roll up their sleeves and pant legs. Please do whatever will be most comfortable for you.
Payment. Your first visit is $35. After that it’s $20 - 40. You decide what you can afford - no questions asked. We accept cash, check, and credit/debit cards. While we do not bill insurance directly, we will provide receipts so that you can submit for reimbursement. We find that for most people, our fee scale is similar to their co-payments. Most flex-spend and health savings accounts include acupuncture as an eligible expense as well.
Some general guidelines for your first treatment and beyond..
- If possible, arrive early so you can be in your chair and ready for treatment at your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive late we may need to reschedule your appointment. We realize your time is valuable, and we put a lot of effort into being as timely as possible.
- Please do not wear any perfume, cologne or scented lotions. Many of our patients are sensitive to smells.
- The treatment room has soft, soothing music playing, but you may bring earplugs or headphones if you prefer. If you bring your own music, please choose relaxing music or guided meditation to listen to.
- Please eat a little something beforehand. Acupuncture is not recommended on an empty stomach.
- Don't plan to engage in any strenuous activity after receiving acupuncture. Gentle exercise, such as tai chi, gentle yoga or walking, is best.