Welcome to Fremont Community Acupuncture. Here are some things to know before your first session with us. Please read our “about us” page for more detailed information about who we are and why we do what we do.
Your first visit is $25 - $50. After that it’s $15 - 40. We accept cash, check, and credit/debit cards. While we do not bill insurance directly, we will provide receipts so that you can submit for reimbursement. We find that for most people, our fee scale is similar to their co-payments. Most flex-spend and health savings accounts include acupuncture as an eligible expense as well.
For your first visit, please budget about 90 minutes total and for follow-up appointments about 40-60 minutes depending on your preference. Arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to get a brief orientation from us and to sign any necessary paperwork. If you make your first appointment online, you can fill out most of the required paperwork online as part of the sign-up process. If you make your first appointment in person or over the phone, we can send you a link to the paperwork via email, or have you fill it out when you arrive. We ask you to please help us out by completing the necessary paperwork online before you come in for your first visit if at all possible. It can get pretty hectic at the front desk on a busy day, so we appreciate your help in keeping the process streamlined.
You’ll need to wear loose, comfortable clothing that will allow access to your arms and legs below the elbow and knee. Some patients like to bring a t-shirt and/or a pair of shorts to change into, while others prefer to just roll up their sleeves and pant legs. Please do whatever will be most comfortable for you.
Some general guidelines for your first treatment and beyond..
- We realize your time is valuable, and we put a lot of effort into being as timely as possible. Therefore, we ask that you make an effort to always arrive 5 minutes early so you can be in your chair and ready for treatment at your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive late we may need to reschedule your appointment.
- Parking can be a challenge at certain times of day, so make sure you budget enough time to find a spot. We have free street parking for 2 hours, a nearby pay lot, and if you buy something, you can park at the PCC garage on Evanston for 90 minutes.
- Please do not wear any perfume, cologne or scented lotions. Many of our patients are sensitive to smells.
- Plan to be at the clinic for 60-90 minutes. Your follow-up treatments may not take as long as your first visit.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up to the elbows and pants that can be rolled up to the knees.
- The treatment room has soft, soothing music playing, but you may bring earplugs or headphones if you prefer. If you bring your own music, please choose relaxing music or guided meditation to listen to.
- Please eat a little something beforehand. Acupuncture is not recommended on an empty stomach.
- Don't plan to engage in any strenuous activity after receiving acupuncture. Gentle exercise, such as tai chi, gentle yoga or walking, is best.
- Please be aware that we require 24 hours notice for cancellations. If less than 24 hours notice is given or an appointment is missed without notice, a $15 fee will be assessed.